If your commercial real estate property needs window repair or replacement, it’s important to be respectful of your tenants as you work toward improving the building. Follow these tips for a seamless window repair or replacement process.
- Review the lease. Before scheduling window repair or replacement, read through the lease to ensure you are in the clear to do so. Go over the lease with the tenants so that everyone is on the same page and answer any questions they may have.
- Explain the benefits. Some tenants may only see the installation of new windows as a hassle. Share with them the benefits of new windows: they are more energy-efficient, reduce noise and look more attractive.
- Consider upgrades. If you have a good relationship with your tenant, you may want to ask them if they have any specific requests regarding windows. Perhaps they have always wanted an etched pattern on their storefront or would benefit from a tinted window. Determine if you can work together to install windows to meet everyone’s needs.
- Consult the tenant on their schedule. Avoid repairing or replacing windows during prime business times, like the holidays for a toy shop or early spring for an accounting firm. If possible, schedule the work during the early morning hours to disrupt business as little as possible. If you’re replacing windows in an apartment building, check with the tenant’s schedule and do your best to coordinate around what’s convenient for them. Offer them options – If they can’t be present for the repair, offer to have someone from your team on site.
- Ensure safety. Contract with a professional window replacement company that puts safety first. Use a company well-versed in building requirements and regulations to maintain the structural integrity of the building for your tenants.
Repairing or installing new windows on a commercial building increases its value and improves the aesthetic. If you’re ready to update the windows on your commercial property, contact True View today.