What is U-Factor rating?
A U-factor (or U-value) of a window or door is the rate of heat loss. The lower the U-factor, the better the window or door keeps heat in your home during the winter. This means lower heating bills.
What is Energy Star?
Energy Star is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy that aims to help consumers save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices. For more information, visit www.energystar.gov.
Will Low E-glass work in all seasons?
Yes, Low-E glass works in all seasons. In the winter, Low-E glass keeps heat inside by reducing the amount escaping though the glass and helping to lower heating bills. Low-E glass also reduces the amount of direct heat that enters through the glass. Thus, reducing the solar heat gain and decreasing cooling costs.
Can the pet door fit on either side of my patio door?
Currently we can only install a pet door on the operable panel of your sliding glass door.
What safety glass options does True View offer?
We have a variety of safety glass options available including tempered, bullet resistant, and laminated glass.
Are my windows covered under warranty through True View?
Yes, please see our product warranty page for complete details.
Do you provide installation year-round or only during certain times of the year?
True View provides installation throughout the year, regardless of the season. To minimize your energy costs, our crews install one window/door at a time and make sure to close off the rooms they are in to minimize any potential energy loss.
Will my windows be installed from the inside or the outside?
On most occasions, your windows will be installed from the outside. Even though this is the case, our installation crew will still need interior access when setting the windows/doors and during any interior finish work, such as caulking or trim.
How long will it take for my windows to arrive?
Lead times are based off the date that the product is ordered once True View has completed final measure, obtained a signed contract, and processed the 50 percent deposit. Lead times will always depend on the manufacturer and the product ordered. The most commonly sold products, unpainted vinyl windows, usually have a lead time of 4-6 weeks (although COVID-19 disruptions have temporarily extended lead times significantly). Lead times will always be specified on your contract/purchase agreement.
What can I expect once I’ve decided to use True View to replace my windows or doors?
Our goal is to ensure that your new windows or doors are ordered correctly. We utilize a thorough approach so that the chances of mistakes are minimal, and the installation goes smoothly.
Below is a brief summary of what you can expect once you tell your salesman that you’ve chosen True View to be your window company:
- Signed contract and deposit
- Purchasing (lead time begins at this point in the ordering process)
- Product arrival and quality check
How do I know when it’s time to replace my windows?
If you notice one or more of the following, it may be time to replace your windows:
- Drafts: If you feel a cold draft in the winter or heat in the summer, your windows aren’t doing their job. If you have old single pane windows, upgrading to dual pane windows will help you stay more comfortable and lower your utility bill.
- Foggy windows: If you have older dual pane windows, you may notice condensation or fog between the panes. This means that the seal has failed, and the windows should be replaced.
- A flickering flame: Wondering if you have dual pane windows? Hold a lighter or candle by your window. If you see two or more flames reflected, you do. If the flame flickers, there’s air coming in. It’s time to either replace the windows or, if they are dual pane windows in good condition, it might just be time to upgrade to more energy efficient windows with Low-E Glass.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept cash, checks, and MasterCard, Visa and Discover credit cards. Financing through Mosaic is also available.