It can seem like a daunting task to replace the windows in an apartment building or complex, but the benefits of doing so are great for both the owners and the tenants. If you are the owner of a multi-unit dwelling, see how replacing the windows can have a positive impact all around.
- Reduction in energy costs. It is estimated that inefficient windows are responsible for a 33 percent energy loss throughout an apartment complex. Upgrading to new, energy-efficient windows will reduce the amount of heat transfer through the windows, which will save you money in the long run.
- Reduced maintenance. Calls from tenants about malfunctioning windows will decrease once new windows are installed. Maintenance staff will spend less time fixing jammed, broken, or damaged windows and as a result, labor costs will decrease.
- Increased property value and rents. Upgrading to new windows is a surefire way to increase your property’s value. In addition, with the perk of brand-new windows you may also be able to increase your rent prices, making the upgrade a worthwhile investment.
- Resident retention. Tenants appreciate owners who take pride in their buildings and are proactive in overall upkeep. This sentiment can go a long way and will encourage residents to renew their leases.
- Better aesthetic. New windows certainly have a better look than old ones. Replacing the windows in the apartment complex will give it a fresh feel and will appeal to current tenants (as well as to potential new ones).
- Improved functionality. Tenants who frequently deal with stuck or jammed windows can see this as a downfall of the property. Windows that operate smoothly will be an appreciated upgrade.
- Noise reduction. Noise is always an issue in apartment buildings. New windows with thicker windowpanes and insulated window frames are helpful in reducing outdoor noises from parking lots or common areas.
- Increased safety. Cracked or chipped windows, broken locks, and rotting window frames can be a safety concern for many tenants. Replacing old windows will make them feel more secure and can help protect them from potential break-ins or severe weather.
Replacing windows in a commercial apartment building requires thorough planning. True View’s window professionals have extensive experience in replacing windows in apartment buildings and work to make sure both owners and tenants are happy during the process. For more information, contact us today.