Glass shower doors are a great addition to any bathroom. They give the illusion of a larger space, can be customized for any size shower, and add to the overall value of your house. They’re also extremely easy to clean! To keep your glass shower doors sparkling, follow these cleaning and maintenance tips:
- Use talc-free soap. Traditional bar soap contains talc, which contributes significantly to soap scum. You can prevent the build-up of soap scum on glass shower doors by switching to liquid shower gel or glycerin bar soaps.
- Spray down your shower with a cleaning spray daily. You can also help prevent soap scum build-up by using a shower cleaning spray each time after you shower. Many commercial options or available, or you can create your own solution with vinegar, rubbing alcohol, or even vodka.
- Keep a squeegee in your shower. After each use, squeegee down your glass shower doors. This will wipe away water residue and will prevent hard water stains and soap scum from accumulating on the shower doors.
- Choose an effective cleaning agent. While many shower door-specific cleaners are available, you can also use a simple solution of white vinegar and dish detergent, like Dawn. When cleaning your glass shower doors, never use an abrasive product or scouring pad, which could scratch the glass.
- Clean your shower immediately after using it. The best time to clean your shower is just after you’ve used it! The steam from the shower will release dirt and grime on the shower doors making it easier to clean. Gather your supplies before your hop in the shower and give it a quick clean once a week.
- Deep clean your shower tracks. You can also use a white vinegar to clean the tracks of your glass shower doors. Plug any holes and fill the track with a solution of white vinegar and water. Let it sit for up to 30 minutes and then use a toothbrush to remove grime from the track. This should be completed once a month.
With these tips and tricks, you can keep your glass shower doors looking like new. If you’re thinking of installing glass shower doors in your bathroom or need your glass shower door replaced or repaired, True View Windows and Glass can help. Contact us today for a free, no obligation, no pressure estimate.